Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Practice what you preach!

Well, we've all been on punishment this week. My children were having a problem listening to mommy so, I decided that I would not drive them to class, they were not allowed to play outside or watch television for a week. I'm like, oh man what did I do that for. Am I punishing them or myself?

Needless to say, it was a long week. In order to make the lesson effective I was not online like I usually am (that is where I have been lately). So we made homemade chocolate chip cookies together, we read more books, we built sheet houses under the dinning room table and we spent a lot more quality time with each other as a family.

Here I thought it was a weeklong sentence, I was able to step back and evaluate how I spend some of my time. Are all the extra gadgets worth sacrificing precious memories with your loved ones?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Nice to meet you.
    I remember laying down the law one summer and telling the kids the next time ANY of them didn't obey me we were leaving wherever we were and going home for the rest of the DAY!
    Well one of them disobeyed me at church and since I had said it - we left.
    My mother was very tickled to hear the report that they were so "bad" we had to leave CHURCH!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Your comments are always welcome. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...